2011年1月22日星期六

Introduction

The story behind group name








The group name is IMCBC. “IM” represents “International management” and “CBC” means “Chinese-born Chinese”. The group name can also be interpreted as “I am CBC”, implying that all of us are from different parts of Mainland China. We love the Chinese culture and we are proud of being Chinese.  
But we are not ethnocentric. We have a global view and we would like to embrace different cultures and communicate with people with different culture background.

Group goals:

Our group would like to know how management works in the global environment and how globalization changes business world and people’s life. We want to use the knowledge which will be learnt in this course to facilitate us in the future career and life.
We are also looking forwards to getting more insights from the communication and discussion with classmates and trying our best to contribute in the class activities.
Last but not least, we want to use our great teamwork to get a good result.




Group Members:


Leona:



I am Leona,a marketing student. I come from Shanghai and have spent more than 3 years in Hong Kong.I am enjoying the differences in culture of Mainland China and Hong Kong a lot. Besides that, I was an exchange student in Sweden last year and traveled a lot in Europe. I have been France, Norway, Belgium and Estonia. This photo is taken in Bruge, Belgium. During the abroad study, I find it is interesting to know people from different part of world and I learnt a lot of things in those sharing and communication. I believe that I could make more friends learn more from them!






Tony:

I'm Tony, a final year accounting student. I come from chengdu, a city with long history and also famous for its delicious food. It's a great chance to meet you guys here in this inernational management class. I have three years experience of studying in HongKong, and I would like to know new friends. I didn't have the chance to exchange to another country, but I like to meet friends from diffrent culture, my roomate Ben is from the states, and we become very good friends. I like sports very much and hope sometime can play with you guys.









Jolin:


Welcome to our blog. My name is Jolin. I am BBA Marketing final year student. It is great to meet all of you here.As the group name suggests,I also come from mainland China and have been studying in Hong Kong for more than 3 years. In 2009-2010, I went to US New York State for one semester exchange, which is a remarkable experience for me. The photo was taken in Montreal. Yes, I have traveled around Canada as well as US since the place I lived was just about one to two hours away from Canada and America border. Travel brought a lot of fun and broadened my horizon. That's why after coming back from exchange, I took more culture related courses, such as this course. I think it will be interesting. I believe that culture is a very essential factor in the process of globalization progress.Apart from travel, I also love to go to the gym, reading and shopping.



The most exciting weekly topic:

Our group is very interested in the topic “Corporate social responsibility”. We think that social responsibility is more and more important in the business world nowadays, but it is difficult for companies to maintain the balance between the responsibility and the interests of stakeholders. We would like to get more knowledge and look deeper in this part.

The additional topics:

Besides the topics provided by Frank, we are also interested in knowing what is the recruitment criteria of multinationals and how they leverage and collaborate marketing and management under global environment.

Globalization myth:

Is globalization good or bad to developing countries?








The background music is one of the typical Chinese music. It shows the lovely spring beautiful night view on the river.The name of this song is"春江花月夜"(Spring, River, Flowers,Moon and Night)


没有评论:

发表评论